It seems as though the Ugly Christmas Sweater Party theme is taking off like never before. Most holiday parties I have been invited to have been all about who has the most awful Christmas outfit. This led me to this post the keys to a great ugly Christmas sweater.
1. Reindeer+Christmas tree+snowmen+snowflakes+bells+nutcrackers= winner! Separating this combo can potentially lead to a normal Christmas sweater.
2. Appeal to the senses. Adding jingly bells and small noise makers that play our favorite tunes are a must have. Glitz and lights help draw even more attention, throw a blinking light and you are nearly guaranteed a victory.
3. Correct fit. For guys, I like to recommend a slightly snug fit sweater. Ladies stick with a baggy look, it adds to the sloppy effect we are shooting for.
4. Accessorize. The old rule of take one item off before you leave is out the door if you want to make an impact with a Christmas sweater. Be sure and pin random ornaments on, obnoxious earrings, gaudy hair ties and anything else that makes your Christmas spirit well known.
5. Smile. Pictures always help to capture these memories for years to come, therefore when you do smile, try the forced look or the uncomfortable look. By going this route, the picture will come out awkward and difficult to look at.
There you have it, five steps to make you stand out. Make sure you do plenty of research, don’t be afraid to ask relatives for their sweaters and last but not least do not look in a mirror before you go to the party. If you have an awesome Christmas sweater I want to see it.
Oh yeah I got the picture above off http://www.uglychristmassweatersforsale.com/